So this is my first post that isn’t a book review. It was also my first time being nominated, so sorry if I do something wrong. I owe this nomination to Alicia at #LoveBooks, you can visit her AWESOME blog here: https://hashtaglovebooks.wordpress.com
So, now onto the actual point of this post. Here are the 11 questions I was nominated to answer, and their answers.
1. Online book shopping or in-store book shopping?
In-store shopping for sure. I love being able to look at different books and picking them up to read their covers.
2. Who is someone you look up to, in real-life or a fictional character?
I look up to a character named Stargirl. She is from a book called Stargirl. I love this character, because she’s never afraid to be herself, and I want that to be how I approach life: as myself.
3. What is your most anticipated book this year?
Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard! This is the first book in Rick Riordan’s new series, and I can’t wait for it to come out!
4. #Dearme What is one piece of advice you would give to your younger self?
Don’t let other people tell you who to be. Always be yourself, and never let other people change who you are. You were made perfectly just the way you are.
5. What is an inspirational quote you live by?
“We all must face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” -Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter. I absolutely LOVE this quote, I think it’s very important. The wrong choices in life are always the easiest choices, and that’s why we must choose the hard path and do the right thing.
6. What is the most thought-provoking book you have ever read?
This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl. This is the story of Esther Earl and her fight against cancer. This book really helped me to just take a step back and look at my life. I realized that I should be grateful that I don’t have cancer, or any other major life obstacles. I don’t have to worry that my life will end because I’m sick, but it’s always good to get up and live everyday like it’s your last.
7. What is the funniest book you have ever read?
The Percy Jackson series. This series for me was hilarious! I would be reading and then suddenly burst out laughing, and everyone would turn and give me weird looks, but I wouldn’t be able to hold it in! The book was just too funny.
8. If you had to go in a battle with one other fictional character, who would you choose?
Voldemort, sorry I mean You-Know-Who. I would beat that guy to a pulp. Haha. Probably not, but he destroyed a boy’s life just because he was afraid his life would end. I would just love to see Voldemort’s face when I cast a curse on him.
9. “Most important life question” What are you watching on Netflix or on TV right now?
Once Upon A Time. I can’t WAIT for season 4 to get on Netflix! This is such a good show. My favorite show though is Sherlock. Man oh man! Do I love Sherlock! Unfortunately, season 4 doesn’t come out until like 2016.
10. Which YA book is the most nostalgic for you?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I loved this book, and it made me cry. I highly recommend it to everyone!
11. What event or expo do you desperately want to go to?
I really want to meet Rick Riordan, and I also really want to go to a Harry Potter convention. Either would be equally as exciting.